Friday, September 3, 2010

Surgery, part deux

OK so I had to re-read what I blogged last time because I wasn't sure how far I'd gotten in the story. Cut me a little slack, I'm still on Vicoden! Friday was a breeze compared to Thursday night, and Dr. B (plastic surgeon) came back to see me in the evening, I think to try to convince me to be discharged. Um, no, not happening. I still had the PCA going but with the distractions of visitors, text messages, TV, and the PO meds I was taking as well, I wasn't using it as much...but I was still using it. We made a deal...PCA came down at 8 PM, the nurse would give me the Vicoden and Toradol scheduled, and I'd get to stay one more night. I think it was a fair compromise. I slept fairly well, but the second night in a recliner really jacked up DH's back. I'm sure he was hoping I'd wake up in the middle of the night and kick him out of the recliner again! Not that he'd want me to be in excruciating pain like I was the night before, but maybe that my back would start hurting a little from the hospital bed. We were up fairly early Saturday morning and Dr. M (breast surgeon) came in and asked if I was ready to go home. Yes ma'am I am! We had already eaten breakfast and I had taken my morning meds. Dr. B had said either Thursday or Friday that I could take a shower on Saturday. So the tech came in and brought me towels and soap, and DH helped me shower.

I know I'm stopping right in the middle of my story, but the kids are up and clamoring for pancakes and I keep getting interrupted. Of course the day I want them to sleep in is the day they are up with the chickens.

No comments:

Post a Comment