Sunday, September 12, 2010

becoming a hermit, random musings

I'm trying to decide whether to finish some stories I've left unfinished or just move on. Baby Boy was up at the crack of dawn...par for the course for a weekend morning. Oh well, I had set my alarm to take pain pills anyway, so I just got up. I'm disappointed in my Twitter friends...I was expecting more drunk tweets and twit pics from last night. And there wasn't much new on Facebook either...everyone must be sleeping in today. I turned on CMT for about 10 minutes and remembered why I don't like mainstream country music (generally). The first video was Blake Shelton...lame. The second was Sugarland, who I kind of like, except I didn't even notice the song because the video was so ridiculous. It was a cross between the warehouse/cop scene in Reservoir Dogs (minus the blood and awesome song) and Olivia Newton-John's Physical video. Also, I thought they were a duo, but apparently in their videos they just cut to the dude with his feet up strumming an instrument about three times. That's when I started looking for the remote. But when Toby Keith came on, I intensified my search. Good grief, I just can't even express the loathing I have for that bag of douche. Found the remote, refilled my coffee, and switched to VH1 Classic. I'm pretty sure that makes me old. Oh well...I love Pop Up Video and they show reruns of it pretty regularly. I like having a little TV in the background that I don't really have to pay attention to but isn't distracting so I lose my train of thought (it's a very short train).

Baby Boy was insistent that we bring the dogs in and now he's annoyed because Buddy wants to play with him. Cripes, he's just like a woman...can't make up his mind! LOL I'm allowed to say that since I'm a woman, right?

OK so let's see, where to start...This weekend I had a lot of social and kid obligations. Bubba's birthday was Friday and he was celebrating at the bar that night. Bubba's a good friend, so I wanted to go. But by the time I ran my few errands and then picked NumberOneSon up from football practice, I didn't feel like doing anything. I'd spent most of the day running around...big mistake if I want to do something at night. But Hot Mommy needed to get out of the house and I wanted to look at boots and books, so I dragged her and baby along. Oh, that baby of hers is just a doll! He's almost as cute as my babies were...anyway, boots were more expensive than I remembered. I believe it's been about 20 years since I've bought any. I did find some cute ones though and when I told BeBe about my experience, she informed me that the store usually puts the brand I like on sale around Christmas. Yay! I know what the kids are getting me for Christmas this year ;-) I bought another cancer book, a Yoga book and video, and some new reading material for when my quarantine begins.

Long story short...NOS made leftovers for dinner, I chilled in the recliner and took max doses of my pain pills.

Not wishing to repeat the mistakes of Friday, when I got up Saturday morning, I really scrutinized what I HAD to do and what I really WANTED to do. NOS's football scrimmage...HAD to go. Fortunately one of his friends who also plays football lives around the corner and he was able to hitch a ride with them so I didn't have to get up and drag the little ones out quite so early. Reading Around the Square...didn't HAVE to go and even though it's for a good cause and it's usually fun, I decided to skip it. We went to Sonic instead for drinks and breakfast for NOS. Only my kid would want a Bacon Cheeseburger Toaster and tater tots for breakfast. And then my friend Squeaky called and said he had time to unclog my kitchen sink so we ran home. At first he didn't think he was gonna get it...but he persevered and succeeded! Yay, now we can do some dishes!!

Next on the list of obligations...Purple Burrito with Bubba and birthday party for Miss Thang at the OC. I'm not a huge fan of kid birthday parties...awkward small talk with other moms I really don't know...I have to be in the mood to enjoy it, and I wasn't. So I grabbed a quick nap, showered and got ready and dropped Miss Thang off! First time she's soloed a birthday party, and of course she did just fine. And off I went to Purple Burrito with Bubba, killing two birds with one stone. Mmmm, Purple Burrito. I could eat that every day, and they have so many different choices, most of which I haven't tried yet because I'm addicted to their fish tacos and chorizo tacos. Takeout from there is just not as good because the shells get soggy, so it's a meal best eaten there. I'm going to miss it. Maybe as I get closer to a chemo appointment my immune system will be strong enough to go between busy times. Then I hit the resale shop and bought a few cute shirts and a very nice winter coat for NOS.

Finally I was down to my evening social obligations. Pinup Barber's hubby's birthday party at their shop and our bar (they're by each other), the I Hate Cancer benefit at Lindbergs with some of my favorite bands, and the Blues Festival at Chesterfield Village where my friend Bling-Bling had a booth selling her (what else?) bling-bling! She'd even managed to score a few free passes. However, after I picked MT up from her party, my pain, which had been manageable, decided to become unmanageable. Seriously, WTF, pain? You bitch!! I'd done what I was supposed to do. Took my meds, took a nap, didn't overdo it. And still, you come back and bite me in the ass! OK well, actually you bit me in the boob but whatever. Point is, I'm over two weeks out! Why are you still hanging around? I've never been out of commission for this long! So what did I do last night? Stayed home, drugged up, watched TV and creeped on Facebook for awhile. That was not what I had in mind for Saturday night. I only have one more weekend left before I have to become a hermit, at least for a week or two after each treatment. GRRRRR...

It's not like I wanted to party all night...but I would have liked to have made an appearance at the birthday party and the benefit, maybe an hour at each, tops. I just don't get it! Oh well, I guess I have lots of time in the future to see bands, and I'd told Pinup Barber's hubby happy birthday when I'd seen him Friday, his actual birthday. And I talked to Diablo on Facebook and he was understanding about my not being able to come out to the benefit.

I was hoping today to get out of the house and do something fun with all three kids, but I just don't know if I'm gonna have the stamina to do it. Baby Boy asked to go to Pizza Hut, so maybe we'll go eat some pizza later or something. It's a pretty day, maybe I'll take a book outside and read and watch the kids play. I'd talked to J last night, asking her what would be something fun, cheap and not too strenuous to do with the kids. Maybe she'll text me with a great idea.

Well, I guess it's time to change out laundry from the washer to the dryer and put on another load. MT's clamoring to put away our laundry we had done last week, so I guess we'll start sorting through it although there's no way it's getting finished today.

No comments:

Post a Comment