Friday, September 24, 2010

plugging along

Well, I'm now four days out from my chemo and I don't think I'm doing too bad. I've only gotten queasy a couple of times and I've been drinking water, trying to eat and rest and be good. So far so good. Unfortunately, I'm getting bored hanging around the house. I like to be out and about and being a homebody is not easy for me. But according to the pages and pages of drug info I read on my chemo drugs, my white count should be the lowest 7 to 10 days out and then start climbing again. And I took the Neulasta so hopefully it won't drop too low. I kind of have a sore throat but I can't tell if it's like sinus stuff, an actual illness or just side effect from the chemo. So by this time next week, I hopefully will be back to my normal self.

NumberOneSon is at the high school homecoming football game tonight. I'm kind of jealous, it's been awhile since I've been to a high school football game. I'd love to go home and see my old alma mater play, especially since it seems they are pretty good this year. Oh, well, maybe next year. I ought to be able to make it to NOS's game next week but I'm either gonna have to get a babysitter or someone to help me chase kids at the game. They were really good at the last one but they are still way too full of energy for me to chase alone.

It really sucks when you have a lot of downtime but not a lot of energy. I look around and I see all kinds of things that I could do, that I need to do, but I don't have the energy. Even before my chemo, when I wasn't nearly as tired, I would start a little project and then not be able to finish it. So I've had all these little half projects all over the house. Ugh.

Thinking about starting yoga tomorrow. This time I bought a book with a DVD. I have to actually see the person doing it to figure it out, a picture just doesn't cut it with me. I was going to start today but I ran errands while BabyBoy was at school instead of coming home.

Good grief I'm putting myself to sleep with this boring blog. I'm sure I have a lot to say, just don't even know where to begin. So maybe I'll just begin again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment