Wednesday, July 28, 2010

So what's new with you?

OK so I got the call yesterday morning that I have an appointment at Siteman next Tuesday. Still working out all the arrangements of who's going with me and who's watching the kids, etc. Number1Son's finally over being sick, I think, and Miss Thang threw up on my dirty clothes in the bathroom floor this morning. I guess that's what I get for being a slob. Oh well, at least she didn't throw up in the basket of clean clothes in the hallway on her way to the bathroom, right?

Rough day yesterday...called my dear MIL and asked if I could bring the kids down to stay a couple of days...house was a mess, no motivation to do anything about it, no groceries but who cares I don't feel like eating anyway. I guess you could say I've not been a very good mom the past few days. Anyway, MIL has a houseful of family and there's no room. I could tell she felt bad...and then I started crying on her. Oh Gawd! Why did I do that? I pulled myself together and ran my errands. I honestly felt better after I ate something, so maybe I should try that more often. Got a wild hair to go to Wal-mart...and in the frozen foods, DH calls me frantic...are you ok? What's wrong with you? To which I replied: oh, you must have talked to your mother. They're worried, I know, but what on earth can they do? So DH made me promise I'd either get someone to come help me clean up or hire a maid or something. I wish I could find someone to sort through all my crap and determine what I need and what I can get rid of. I swear I think it reproduces! I throw two bags of clothes in the spare room and I come back and there's six! Rabbits!

So now here's my conundrum...who on earth do I show this mess to? I doubt Merry Maids will fold laundry and go through all the crap in the spare bedroom and storage room. But I'm not sure I want any of my friends see exactly how bad it's gotten. To top it off, I have a couple of friends who could probably use the money if I paid them to help me, but will they take it? I can see them agreeing to, and then when it comes down to it, not taking it! So I'm really at a loss today. I hate feeling like I can't even let anyone in if they stop by. I'm afraid my kids' friends go home and tell their moms what a wreck we live in! I think I need to clean before someone helps me clean. Again, back to just not feeling like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment