Thursday, July 22, 2010

Telling people, part 2

I think I'm almost done telling people that should hear it from me, or someone else, before they hear it on Facebook. I just hung out with my friend Pinup Barber, who texted me this evening and said "I am a shitty friend. Are you OK?" Well, of course, I'm OK, nothing's happened yet, just got some bad news. I do feel bad that she heard it from a mutual friend's mom, I'd told her mom Saturday and intended to tell her yesterday. She felt bad because she was going to pick me up yesterday morning but had something come up. No biggie, seriously, I just called another friend to take me to my car. Me + Valium = designated driver lol! So we hung out and drank some wine and just dished tonight. The past two nights just hanging with my girls have been so good. They almost made me forget what was going on, ya know? I'm a little nervous, in about 12 hours I meet with the surgeon to find out what the plan is. I know I have to take it one day at a time, and I am so far, but geez, this really sucks. I'm not gonna lie. I'm 36 years old. This is not supposed to happen to young women. I have my whole life ahead of me. I want grandkids and retirement and a house on the lake. I had no intentions of getting big fake boobs and chemo.

No comments:

Post a Comment