Thursday, August 19, 2010

Wherever you go, there you are

Wow, I can't believe how long it's been since I last blogged. I was only home for about 36 hours last time so I'm lucky I blogged anything. So where to begin? Kiddos went back to school today, well, all but the baby, he resumes his preschool career Monday. A week from now I will be in the hospital recovering from my surgery. I told the kids' teachers about my diagnosis so if they start acting up maybe they'll cut 'em a little slack. Well, I told the little ones' teachers...NumberOneSon has too many teachers! Maybe I'll just call his guidance counselor or something.

Being that I'm a sucker...I picked up a puppy on the side of the road on the way back from our vacation. He's really cute and seems pretty smart and calm. The kids seem to like him, but good grief, what was I thinking? Potty training a puppy while I'm going through cancer surgery and treatment?! Of course, if he's smart, maybe he'll pick it up quickly. I hope so cuz I just can't see my mom happily cleaning up after a dog while she's here.

The vacation was wonderful. It was nice to get away for awhile and I really didn't want to come back. It was like I got to take a vacation from having cancer. But when I got back, I had it again. I keep hoping this is just a bad dream, but I know it's not.

I'm sure I have some funny stories but I'm so tired right now I can barely type. Tomorrow I have to take the baby for shots and then three of my girlfriends are coming over to help me finish cleaning my house. I kind of started in the kitchen again today. It's more clutter than anything at this point upstairs but the downstairs is pretty dirty. I sure hope we can get it knocked out tomorrow.

Sorry for the short boring blog but I'm literally falling asleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment