Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Hair and family visit...

This past weekend marked a milestone...OK not really, but it sounds good, right? Actually, I went to my cousin's baby shower Saturday and the last time I saw her was when she was about three! Now she's having a baby herself!! Where does the time go? It was great to see my cousins and aunt! It's amazing how we're all older and different, but yet we're still the same. I really don't know where the time goes.

I had a good visit with my parents and NumberOneSon and I knocked out his school clothes shopping. My mom and dad were nice enough to watch my little ones so he and could shop. With only one kid complaining, it's not nearly as frustrating and doesn't seem to take forever.

I got to see my grandma, who had surgery last week, and she's doing well. I also got to visit with my uncle who I've not seen in several years either (is anyone seeing a pattern here?)

But today...today was the day to end all days!! I took the kids to Pinup Barber to get their back to school hair cuts and I thought, what the heck, I was just planning a dead end trim for me but...I had her chop 15 inches! Can you believe it? Yeah, neither can I! I'm tempted to go weigh myself just to see if I really am lighter without all that hair. Now I've just got to find some other people to cut theirs and I'm gonna have it made into a wig if I can. BFF has hair down to her knees...I could have a long wig with all that!! Now just to convince her...

I know I'd said I was gonna go short when I start chemo and Kojak when it starts falling out, but that's a pretty drastic change. So Pinup Barber is gonna cut my hair every week or two and go shorter each time till I get to Twiggy, then Susan Powter, then finally Sinead O'Connor. Heck I may even dye it purple or pink or green or blue! This week I'm back to about where I was when I moved to Missouri. Everyone so far says it makes me look younger...does that mean I looked old before? Never mind, I'd rather not know the answer to that question!

Sixteen days to surgery. I have a lot to do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment