Monday, October 18, 2010

Weekend

Just in case anyone reading this has not figured it out yet, I hate being sick. This past weekend has not been easy at all. NumberOneSon spent the night with a friend Friday night so I just hung out with the little ones and went to bed early. Saturday morning we braved Dollar Tree and Wal-mart to finish out our Halloween costumes and decorations. However, by the time we were out of there, I was about ready to collapse! The little ones went to play with their friends and I took a nap.

BeBe and I took our little ones to the Forest of Fears (I accidentally typed Forest of Gears at first, which made me think of what a popular place that would be for most of the guys I know!) and we went ahead and dressed up too. We got some funny looks at McDonald's before hand in our costumes since it's only the middle of October, but oh well, you only live once, right? You'd think they'd never seen a goth fairy or Western Barbie! At least our kids were the best behaved in there! If only we'd have had a video camera to prove it to our husbands!

I think Miss Thang was a little scared but the boys had a blast. NOS was too cool to go to the little kid version of Forest of Fears, so I took him back later for the grown-up version. It was pretty creepy but not terrifying, so I think NOS had a good time. I had to take another nap before I took him though! BeBe took my little kids home with her. She said they were good and were in bed with the TV off ASLEEP by 930. Can you believe that? I have trouble with that on a school night!

BeBe got up and fed them and me breakfast when I went to pick the kids up. She's so awesome! After we got home I took yet another nap (do you see a pattern here?) and then NOS ate dinner. I was hoping we'd get the Halloween decorations up but I just didn't feel like it. Maybe this evening? I don't know, maybe we should wait till the rain is over. Oh yeah, and I have a School District Master Planning Committee meeting tonight. So maybe later this week.

Fortunately, my busy week is next week, so hopefully I can just lay low for a few more days as much as I need to to be able to get the things done that I need to get done. Sadly my house is a huge mess and I don't have much energy to clean it up but I guess it can wait a few more days. I haven't had to cook any for the past week but dishes pile up anyway, you know. I seriously need to bite the bullet and find a maid for awhile.

OK I'm off to rest for a little while before I take a shower and get BabyBoy to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment