Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Drama drama drama and hair hair hair

Well, just like clockwork, I woke up this morning (I guess since I'm blogging at 1:30 AM technically it was yesterday morning) and felt 100% better. Yippee! I'm officially halfway through chemo! I had a busy day today...PTA in the morning, lunch with my BabyBoy before I took him to school, a massage, a quick trip to Sam's Club (which was fruitless! But I will get what I'm looking for!), a visit with a friend who had surgery last week, and NumberOneSon's last football game. It was a good day, even though it was busy.

Today was punctuated with drama, though. I'm not going to go into any details whatsoever because the details don't really matter. On the one hand, when I started to get sucked in, my human nature made me ask questions and want to hear the scoop. But listening to the scoop only encourages the drama! I've come to the conclusion that there are certain people who enjoy drama. I realize it, I try not to hold it against them, and I still love them. But...I have to not become involved! Which is hard for me because I'm freakin nosy! And even if I think one person is justified in being upset about a situation, the fact of the matter is, if it doesn't involve me, I need to stay out of it. So...I'm staying out of it! I am determined to stay friends with all parties involved and if they ask, inform them that it's between them and has nothing to do with me or my relationship with either of them. Very mature of me huh? Ugh...I really want the scoop! No I don't! Yes I do! No, I don't! AGGGHHH!

OK enough about drama...let's move on to hair!

My stubble on my head has been driving me insane! It's been falling out, albeit slowly, and it itches and it feels funny. So tonight while I was in the shower I lathered up and went Kojak! It's a good thing I have a mirror in the shower (thank you Bed Bath & Beyond clearance rack!) because I missed a few places and had to go back over it. And then I realized...I had no idea what to do after I shaved my head! Do I moisturize or slap on some Aqua Velva? I don't have any Aqua Velva! And is facial moisturizer appropriate for your hairless scalp? So I texted my friend Yul Brenner (at 10:30 PM no less!) and asked him. He told me to rinse with cold water immediately and use moisturizer. It's so good to have friends to get you out of a bind.

Speaking of friends, I have to give a shout-out to my girl EPrez. She sent me a lovely text message Monday afternoon and offered to come over and clean my house! Wow...that, my friends, is love in action! She even cleaned out my fridge and made my kiddos dinner. Her help was a Godsend. I just can't believe how blessed I am to have friends who are so supportive. I don't know what I've ever done to deserve them, but I am so thankful. It will take the rest of my life to pay forward the kindness I've received over the past several months.

So today, I declare my house, my business and a perimeter of 100 feet around me as a hair-free (natural, anyway), drama-free zone. Who's with me?

Alrighty, off to bed. Morning's gonna come early, as my momma used to always say.

No comments:

Post a Comment