Thursday, October 28, 2010

finally! a new post!

I've been threatening to blog for the past few days but I just haven't gotten around to it. You could call it laziness, you could call it not having anything to say, you could call it, oh hell, call it whatever you want. I'm finally getting around to it!

Even DH pointed out that I haven't blogged in a long time. So what to say...hmmm...due to liability issues I'll have to save one story for awhile...so I'll talk about what I've done the past week or so.

Last Thursday afternoon BeBe came over to use my computer because she was having computer problems and had to get her homework e-mailed or uploaded or whatever. While she was here a salesman for the Kirby vacuum cleaner company showed up at my door. Now I've heard their spiel before and 9 times out of 10 I will turn away some guy selling something because I know I'm not going to buy it. The last time I bought something from a door-to-door salesman I got screwed (not literally, pervs!) so I'm not much on buying unless it's being sold by a cute little kid (special needs is even better!) I saw how much dirt it sucked out of my carpet last time and I knew it was out of my price range but what the heck? So Anthony comes in and proceeds to vacuum my floor. For an hour. He kept checking the little dirt thing to see if it was clean and he pulled oh, I dunno, a ton of dirt out of my carpet. You know, their vacuum is also a carpet shampooer so they like to vacuum a part of your floor clean and then shampoo it to show you how awesome their machine is.

So BeBe and I watched Anthony vacuum. She finished her stuff and came and sat on the arm of my chair and we just watched him do housework. It. Was. Awesome. I even moved the other chair and Buddy's crate out of the way so he could vacuum there too. And I let him vacuum my couch and my ceiling fan and blow the dust out of my TV speakers. Poor guy, he was sweating by the time he was done. And then, terrible person that I am, I proceed to not buy his machine. But I did enjoy watching a dude do some housework. Since DH has been working out of town, it's not a sight I get to see much anymore. And I miss it. Very entertaining.

Unfortunately, my entertainment came back to bite me in the ass that night. He stirred up so much dust in my living room that my allergies started acting up and since I have a crappy immune system right now, after hacking all night and barely sleeping, I had a full blown sinus infection the next day. So instead of doing fun stuff over the weekend, I laid around and took antibiotics and antihistamines and tried to get over my crap. And by Monday I was better. I believe the moral of the story is that no good comes from cleaning.

This week it has finally decided to get cold. The first couple of days I was happy with the cooler weather but today just sucked! Ms. Thang had her field trip to the pumpkin patch and poor BabyBoy and I froze our arses off! Thank goodness BeBe was smart and thoughtful enough to bring enough gloves for all of us! Ms. Thang borrowed my fuzzy hat and I couldn't find another one so I just had to make do with my wig and a hoodie. My ears were freezing so I put my hood up and...in a little while my ears were freezing again! I reached up and felt my head and my hood wasn't on anymore, but I couldn't tell because of my wig. So I had to tie my hood like I was 3. Very attractive I'm sure.

Meanwhile my phone is blowing up because two of my guy friends are arguing in the comments of my last Facebook status and I've subscribed to mobile updates on comments on my status. At least the argument was funny...they were both trying to get me to make bacon for them. No that's not some slang...they wanted actual bacon. You see, Hobo was going to come to Girlfriends' Coffee yesterday morning but he was a no-show. He'd said the night before he would come if I made bacon. I just so happened to have a pound of bacon in my fridge that I've been meaning to cook so I told him I'd cook it if he came over. Now I always cook bacon in the oven and it only takes about 20 minutes or so, so I had already figured he'd be a no-show and I wasn't going to start it till he either showed up or at least texted that he was on the way. Yeah, I never heard from him.

So, being the smart ass that I am, I called him out on Facebook. And because I'm too lazy to text two different updates to both Facebook and Twitter, I just sent the same one to both with a trending topic at the end...#noshows. Now trending topics are just a Twitter thing, but when people saw #noshows on Facebook, I got a few comments. An apology from John's Girl for not coming, but she'd called me the night before and had a LEGITIMATE excuse, her kid had a Halloween party. Not, my dog ate my directions, which was Hobo's excuse. Bubba missed it initially because I didn't post till after 2 pm and he was already at work, but he jumped on Hobo's case this morning, specifically with asking me why Hobo was coming to Girlfriends' Coffee when I'd told him before no men allowed. Which he followed up with...oh, nevermind, it is Hobo...classic. The two proceed to insult each other and argue adding about 25 more comments to my status, all of which came to my phone! I was contemplating turning off the mobile updates but I couldn't remember if I could do it from my phone. I honestly can't remember how I set them up to begin with. Oh well, laughing warmed me up so it wasn't all bad.

The field trip was really good. We were the only school group there, and since O-town has its very own pumpkin patch now, we didn't have to travel far and fight with 17 other school groups from Springfield. The staff was very friendly and they had a corn maze, a train, a hay maze, a hay ride, a petting zoo, and pumpkin painting. And they only charged $5 per kid! I think when we went to Jones Farm when NumberOneSon was in first grade it was $7 (and that was a long time ago!) and it was so crowded the kids didn't really have a lot of fun. It was mostly waiting...waiting for the hayride, waiting for the train, waiting, waiting, waiting. And if you know me, I hate to wait! So today was just perfect, except for the wind and the seemingly subarctic temperatures. I know I'm just not used to it yet and a day like today will be a welcome reprieve in January, but right now, even menopausal, I was cold.

This week also brought parent-teacher conferences. Once again, I got to go to school to find out how gifted, perfect, intelligent, witty, and angelic my children are. Oh, no, I'm not being sarcastic, not at all! Actually, I got a good report from all my kids teachers, even NOS. His teachers' only complaints were that he doesn't turn in papers and homework sometimes. I already knew that because I'd seen his grades. But they did compliment him which was a welcome change from last year. I can tell his teachers genuinely like NOS and think he's a good kid. They're 100% right. Now if I could just get him organized. Sadly, he has disorganized ME as an example! But he improves yearly, so I figure one of these days he'll get it all together. And if he doesn't, well, maybe he'll marry a girl who's organized!

Next chemo is Monday. It's the third one so I'm almost 75% done! I'm looking forward to ringing that bell come November 22. I'd love it if DH was home to go with me but the rate they're going they'll be in sunny south Florida till New Years. Hmmm, that's not a bad idea. BFF is supposed to go with me for my last chemo but I haven't heard yet if they approved her day off. Not holding my breath, her company seems to be very arbitrary at times when it comes to their schedule.

Let's see, anything else going on? I have a busy weekend coming up and then I'm just going up and back to St. Louis Monday for my chemo since the kids are out of school. Oh yeah, election day is next Tuesday. We got "hope and change" two years ago and we can all see where that got us. So, vote your conscience and don't just pick the lesser of two evils. There are independents and multiple third parties and in Missouri, at least, there are both Constitution and Libertarian candidates running for many offices. OK I'm getting off my soapbox now.

No comments:

Post a Comment