Friday, November 26, 2010

Wow, where to begin?

It's been so long since my last post I don't even know where to begin!! I believe I left off last time bitching because I wasn't feeling good. I've done lots of stuff since then but probably the most important is that I had my last chemo this past Monday. Yay! I'm glad I'm done. Of course I'm not out of the woods yet...I still have to take a daily pill for 5 years, a monthly IM shot for at least 6 months, reconstructive surgery and possibly either irradiation of my ovaries or surgical removal of my ovaries. So we're not quite done yet. But...I have to say, the worst part is probably over.

BFF went with me for chemo this week and we actually had a lot of fun. We met up with Kondee's Mom and Mando Man at their winter job, camel rides, donkey rides, and a petting zoo. And guess what? I got BFF up on a camel! And we have the pictures to prove it! Now I just have to get around to scanning them so I can put them on Facebook for all the world to see! Actually, BFF said she'd ridden a camel before when she was a kid. We also posed for a pic with the donkey for the donkey ride and we have big plans for a little Photo Shopping fun.

When I went into Dr. B's office for my boob fill, the nurse found that the port had moved on one of my boobs! So instead of poking the needle into the top, she had to poke it into the middle. The good thing was it didn't hurt, since the port was below where the feeling has come back. Unfortunately, the other one DID hurt, because the port is where it's supposed to be and the feeling is back! I'm glad the feeling is coming back, don't get me wrong, but ouch! Not much fun to have a needle poked in your boob and be able to feel it!

Chemo was pretty much the same as usual...start the IV, give me the pre-meds, give me the poison and get me out of there. BFF and I didn't cut up like Little T and I did, but we still managed to have a good time. We found an ad for a vintage clothing and antique store in a local shopping guide and we got out of there in plenty of time to actually go shopping.

Retro 101 in St. Louis was awesome!! When we got there, the power was out, so we were afraid we weren't gonna actually get to buy anything, but the power came back on in about 20 minutes or so. Thank goodness, because I found a bunch of stuff to buy! I got several new/old scarves to use as head wraps and some awesome platform boots! There was a lot more that I wanted to buy but since I'm not made of money...I had to leave it there.

To celebrate the end of chemo, we went to a nice Italian place in the Hill. OMG it was so good! Delicious bread, yummy salads, wonderful pasta and veal parmigiana, Chianti and cannoli and some kind of light ice cream for dessert. It was heavenly!

And then we got on the road. We made it maybe a mile and rain started falling. Another mile and traffic was stopped ahead of us. I thought maybe it was a wreck or something up ahead. No, it was a torrential downpour that you could not see through. It was like a wall of water. And my usual 3 hour drive turned into over 4! By the time I dropped BFF off and visited everyone at the bar for a few minutes it was after midnight before I got home. What a day!

Between the steroids with chemo, the stressful drive and a coke around 9 PM, sleep did not come easily. I think I finally fell asleep around 4 AM. Thank goodness NOS and Ms. Thang got themselves up and ready for school, because it was time for Ms. Thang to get on the bus before I even dragged out of bed. And I had a PTA meeting at 9! Needless to say I was late! Fortunately, one of the other girls took notes for me till I got there. Then I got lunch for BabyBoy, took him to school and ran a few errands. And then I hit a wall. I laid down to take a short nap and that was it! My alarm went off to pick BabyBoy up and I just couldn't do it. I called CPrez and she picked BabyBoy up and brought him home. I made it upstairs to open the door for him and back to bed I went! Poor NOS had to take care of dinner and get the little ones in bed. At least there was no school Wednesday.

I was supposed to go to my parents for Thanksgiving on Wednesday but I still was not feeling well. I pretty much laid around all day until around 9 PM when I made a quick Braums and Wal-mart run. I got the few odds and ends I needed to get through the weekend. Yesterday we made pork tenderloin, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, green beans, carrots, crescent rolls, and cherry pie for our Thanksgiving dinner. It sounds a lot more complicated than it actually was. The kids were very helpful. Ms. Thang and BabyBoy made placemats for the table and NOS helped me cook. But by the time we were done eating I was down for the count!

It would have been nice to spend Thanksgiving with either my family or DH's family or even with some of our friends, but I just was not feeling like getting out of the house and the weather was not cooperating with going anywhere. The kids and I shared things we are thankful for and I suppose at the top of the list is that my cancer was caught early and now I'm cancer free.

I have lots more to talk about but it's just gonna have to wait till another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment