Saturday, January 1, 2011

new year...new post!

We had a good time last night for New Years. DH and I celebrated at our bar. The nice thing about owning your own place is when you close you can kick everyone out and then hang out. Which is what we did last night. It was cool to just visit with BFF and BD for awhile last night. OK technically early this morning.

I've been pondering New Year's resolutions for a couple of weeks and I still haven't decided if I'm gonna make any. Usually it's just a setup for epic fail. Maybe my resolution should be not to make resolutions. In any case, I do have some big plans for the new year. I'm not sure exactly what they are but when I come up with them I will let you know.

Right now I'm trying to decide whether to make my own birthday cake or send DH out to the store to buy one. I'm leaning toward making my own...I have a bundt cake pan that I haven't used in quite a while. I even got it out and looked at it yesterday. When DH asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I told him to just take the kids to the store and let them pick out something. I'm kind of anxious to open my presents and see how they did.

So far 37 feels strangely similar to 36. My back hurts this morning but it's been hurting for several days so I don't think it's age related. I've gotten a ton of happy birthdays on my Facebook and phone and I appreciate every one of them.

Alrighty, then. Time to head upstairs and get the cake going. I will have to send poor DH out for some black eyed peas for good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment